At first my plan was to paint the white Easter eggs with WATERCOLORS but then a BRIGHT IDEA popped into my head and I thought... what if I did the opposite and left the eggs white but hand painted the white FLOWERS with WATERCOLORS instead? Since they're fake anyways, I might as well embrace it and turn the bouquet into a FRESH, BRIGHT and COLORFUL piece of 3-dimensional artwork. But the Designer in me, thought that it would be way too overwhelming to PAINT both the vase filler eggs and the FLOWERS so it was best to keep the eggs white for contrast. PLUS to take the WATERCOLOR FLORALS one step further, I thought it would be cool to put a SURPRISE Easter egg hidden inside each TULIP! Ah ha! Another place to hide my jelly bean stash from the kiddos. Lol. The final product turned out more CHEERY and BEAUTIFUL then I had imagined!!! The painting process was surprisingly so easy that the hard part is actually going to be deciding where to put them in my home because they make every room look so pretty. Maybe I'll just float them around from room to room spreading some SPRING cheer or another BRIGHT IDEA would be to make more WATERCOLOR FLORALS because I enjoyed the process so much! If I do end up taking more photos of them on display in various locations, I will update this post and add them to the bottom. View the images below to see the results for yourself and to get a glimpse of the crafting process in case you would like to paint your own.
FYI: I will be making lots more SPRING and EASTER crafts for #nationalcraftmonth so if you are on Instagram follow @thecreativeorchard or check out my latest hashtag #createspring.
Can't wait for SPRING to get here!!!
Want to know about all
of my DIY PROJECTS
ahead of time?
Follow the Creative Orchard
on SOCIAL MEDIA to get
Want to SHARE this CREATIVE IDEA?
PLEASE credit Renee Hagloch of theCreativeOrchard.com and provide a direct link to this post.
If you share on Social Media please credit by tagging photos and also include the appropriate handle such as @thecreativeorchard (Instagram) @theCreativeOrchard (Facebook) @creativeorchard (Pinterest) @creatvorchard (Twitter) SHARING is CARING - THANK YOU!!!
• Watercolor Paints - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Scissors by Martha Stewart - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Glue Gun by Martha Stewart - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Faux Water Lily Flowers - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Large Glass Hurricane Vase - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Matte White Plastic Easter Egg Vase Filler - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Lime Green Easter Grass - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Tan Burlap Sketch Books - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Medium Glass Candy Jar with Lid - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Glass Pillar Holder by Ashland - Michaels Stores (www.michaels.com)
• Extra Large Wood Tray - HomeGoods (www.homegoods.com)
• Large Matte White Plastic Easter Egg - Target (www.target.com)
• Wooden "Hello" and "Spring" Signage - Target (www.target.com)
• Small Galvanized Bucket - Target (www.target.com)
• Lime Green Glass Plate Charger - Jeffrey Alans (www.jeffreyalans.com)
• Green Burlap Table Runner - Jeffrey Alans (www.jeffreyalans.com)
• Glossy White Plastic Easter Eggs that open - Hobby Lobby (www.hobbylobby.com)
• Faux Tulip Flowers - Hobby Lobby (www.hobbylobby.com)
• Pastel Speckled Jelly Bean Candies - Dollar Tree (www.dollartree.com)